AS A FAMILY DENTIST, Holt Dental Care aims to supply lifelong patients with the most comprehensive oral treatment feasible all in one place. We’re a close-knit dental family that offers oral care to entire generations of family members in Tennessee.
A Dentist For Every Demographic
As a family dental practice in South Jordan, we address dental health at every phase of life. Young children and teenagers have different dental requirements than grownups, and qualified family dentists provide extensive oral treatment from baby teeth to adult teeth.
Like general dental care, family dentistry is concerned with oral hygiene and the health of your teeth. Family dentists concentrate on the unique requirements of kids of all ages. We understand precisely how kids’ teeth transform with age. We also realize that children may be scared to go to the dental office from time to time.
Our dentists have a gentle strategy to ensure that children build positive associations with dental appointments. Kids learn to establish excellent dental hygiene practices for a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
What does a family dental office do?
Family dentists focus on general and preventative dentistry. Some of the most common services family dentists offer include:
- Cleaning and exams: Six-month exams are critical for all patients regardless of age. They help catch issues like tooth decay and gingivitis before becoming more severe. These checkups ensure that your child’s teeth are developing correctly.
- Fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and teeth whitening: Fluoride treatments and dental sealants are great ways to prevent tooth decay.
- Cavity checks and fillings: Tooth decay is a common but utterly preventable childhood disease. The majority of family dental practices specialize in identifying and filling cavities and treating patients of all ages suffering from tooth decay.
- Gum disease treatment: Family dentists typically offer periodontal maintenance and scaling and root planing to treat patients suffering from gum disease.
What should I look for in a family dentist?
The best way to choose a family dentist overall is to feel comfortable with the dentist and staff. They should be fun, educational, compassionate, and professional, all at the same time. Below are some other things you should consider when choosing your family dentist:
- Quality of experience
- Quality of services
- In-house technology
- Services offered
- How emergency cases are handled
What will a family dentist do on your first visit?
Your family dentist will complete a dental exam. In addition to the exam, an assessment of the jaws, bite, gums, and oral tissues to check the growth and development. A gentle cleaning might occur if needed, followed by polishing teeth and removing plaque, tartar, and stains. If required, Dr. Holt may provide fluoride and a mini-lesson on the most effective way to floss and brush.
Do I Need a Family Dentist?
Having a family dentist may be the best decision you could make for your whole family. Oral health is critical. Besides having a great smile, oral hygiene reduces infections, heart disease, and even cancer. It’s a crucial part of your and your family’s overall health and wellness.
A family dental practice treats young children, teens, adults, and the elderly and provides proper oral care during every life stage. By choosing a family dentist, you’ll build a long-term relationship with your dental care provider. That relationship results in a higher level of dental health.
If you are ready to find out how a family dentist can enhance the oral health of your entire family, then please check out our business site to learn more or stop by our practice. We can’t wait to meet you.